Guidelines for Distribution of Material at the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC)
Material distributed at the SBC Annual Meeting Convention Center facilities is limited to:
- items related to the Order of Business of the Annual Meeting
- items related to assigned ministries of entities of the SBC
Exceptions to Above:
- Groups reserving meeting room space within the Convention Center determine what material is distributed inside their meeting room(s) during the time of their meetings.
- Exhibitors in the SBC Exhibit Hall may distribute material from their assigned booth (not in aisle ways).
- Material giving helpful information to messengers about transportation, parking, location of other Convention-related meetings, etc., may be made available at the Information booth and Registration Area when pre-authorized in writing by the Convention Manager.
- The state Baptist paper of the state Baptist convention(s) hosting the annual meeting may be distributed at locations approved by the Convention Manager.
DISTRIBUTION OUTSIDE THE CONVENTION CENTER
Material distributed outside the Convention Center facilities is subject to local laws and regulations, but cannot impede entry/exit of persons in/out of the Convention Center.
DISTRIBUTION AT ENTRIES INTO THE CONVENTION CENTER
No materials may be distributed at the entrance(s) to the Convention Center unless pre-authorized in writing by the Convention Manager. Any pre-authorized distribution cannot impede entry/exit of persons in/out of the building or violate local fire codes.
DISTRIBUTION AT ENTRIES INTO THE MEETING HALL(S) OF CONVENTION
Official Distribution tables placed at entrances to the Meeting Hall(s) are reserved for the SBC Bulletins, the printed Convention Program, items related to the Order of Business of the annual meeting in progress, printed SBC Pastors’ Conference Program, SBC Life, and the state Baptist paper.
Any material placed on the Official Distribution tables must be pre-authorized in writing by the Convention Manager. Unauthorized materials will be removed.
Entities of the Southern Baptist Convention may hand out materials related to the entity report at entries into the Meeting Hall(s) prior to the session in which their report is scheduled.
No materials may be pre-placed in chairs throughout the Meeting Hall(s) unless pre-authorized in writing by the Convention Manager. (Arrangements must be made by the entities to remove any remaining materials at the end of their report session.)
Ushers are not permitted to distribute materials.
DISTRIBUTION IN THE REGISTRATION AREA
Official Distribution tables placed in the Registration Area are reserved for the SBC Bulletins, the printed Convention Program, items related to the Order of Business of the Annual Meeting in progress and must be pre-authorized in writing by the Convention Manager. Unauthorized materials will be removed
No materials may be distributed to persons waiting in line to be registered.